Roulette holds a special place in the hearts of most live casino players. It is undoubtedly one of the most popular table games. For those that have never laid their eyes on the roulette table, playing this game might seem to be a daunting task, but in reality, it is one of the easiest to learn, yet hardest to master, casino games. Roulette, in general, is a pure game of luck. Not withstanding, your chances of winning, being lucky can depend on the version of roulette you are playing, and of course the strategies you use when placing your bets.
Live Roulette Rules – What Every Player Needs to Know
From brick and mortar casinos, some players prefer trying out their luck in live casinos. If you are new to playing live roulette games, we’ve got you covered. Understanding live roulette is a breeze, and it only takes little time to become a pro. This write-up looks at different types live roulette games, and the rules of the game.
Live Roulette Layout
If you have played roulette before, live roulette should not be hard to master. Ideally, live roulette offers some real casino interactions on a “real” table, and in real time. There are two main types of live roulette wheels employed by most online casinos. – European & American Roulette.
While these two tables might appear similar, the European version has a single zero (0) which gives the house an edge of 2.7%. The American version, on the other hand, has an additional double-zero (00) that provides the house with an advantage of 5.26. Thus, the European roulette gives marginal better odds than the American, which offers a better challenge.
Live roulette games are often displayed on the screen of the device you are using, which could be a smartphone, tablet, laptop or gadget that can access the internet. The table displayed is divided into two distinct sections (the long table and the perpendicular table). The long betting table is for inside bets, whereas the vertical table is for outside bets.
On one side of the table lies a wheel and a croupier/dealer, who spins the wheel and calls the winning bet. In some live casinos, the dealer will be playing on a real table and turning the wheel in real time. In other instances, you can have the dealer using a computer-generated table.
Rules of the Game
As a reminder, the roulette is a game of pure luck. The rules ensure every player gets a fair chance, and also gives a clear demarcation of who wins what and who doesn’t.
1. Roulette is played on a wheel that contains either 37 or 38 slots for European and American Roulette respectively. These slots are numbered from 0 to 36, while the American wheel has an additional 00 Pocket. All pockets are colored – zeros are colored green, while the other pockets evenly divided between red or black.
2. The dealer or croupier is responsible for spinning the ball on the outer rim of the wheel, after which the ball settles on one of the numbered pockets. The object of the player is to guess the number or the range of numbers the ball will land on.
3. Before each spin, players are allowed to place their bets around the table. They can be on individual numbers, or any combination of numbers. You can either go for an inside or outside bet.
Single Number Bets
Split Bets – Betting on two numbers adjacent to each other
Square Bets – On a square of four numbers
Six line Bets- Made on adjacent lines with three numbers totaling to six numbers
Top Line Bet – This bet is only available in American roulette and is made of 5 numbers 0-00-1-2-3
Column Bets – Covers 12 numbers in one of the three columns
Dozen – Covers 12 three groups of 12 numbers (1-12, 13-24, & 25-36)
Odd/Even Bets – These bets covers odd or even numbers respectively
Red/Black – These two bets cover bets with the respective color on the Roulette wheel
1-18/19-36 – These bets cover all numbers that fall within the range provided
4. In live casinos, the player exchanges cash with special chips with distinct colors to distinguish between different bets.
5. Players are allowed to continue placing their bets until the dealer places the ball into the wheel. In some cases, players might be allowed to place their bet even the ball is rolling, but not after the croupier calls off all bets.
6. Once the ball lands on a specific number, the croupier calls out the winning number/combination and pays off the winners. Once all payouts are made, players may start placing their bets awaiting the next spin.
Now that you have an idea of what it is like to play live roulette and watch sport at the same time, as well as the rules of the game, you can signup to an online casino and try your luck.